Counselor® magazine, the most powerful voice in the $23.6 billion promotional products industry, recently unveiled a cover-to-cover redesign that revitalizes the iconic brand and delivers on reader preferences for quicker reads and more actionable content.
“We’re proud of our industry and excited to showcase even more of its people and products in our pages,” said Counselor Editor-In-Chief Dave Vagnoni. “Our chief goal is to offer our print and online readers a brand-new Counselor experience, with a greater emphasis on research and case studies, along with more opinions about the issues of importance to everyone in a fun, creative industry facing new challenges and opportunities.”
Counselor is published by the Advertising Specialty Institute® (ASI). This is the magazine’s first major redesign since 2012. Throughout the months-long redesign process, Counselor gathered reader feedback during numerous focus groups. Ultimately, the magazine delivered on subscriber preferences for shorter, actionable, at-a-glance takeaways, along with in-depth cover stories that top distributor decision-makers have relied on since 1954, on topics like buying groups and family succession plans.
New features in Counselor include:
- The Campaign: a case study explaining individual sales campaigns, from pitch and challenges to sourcing, delivery and assessment.
- Our Town: a handy local’s guide to top travel destinations to help sales reps zero in on the best attractions, restaurants and airport resources.
- Leadership Lessons: expert business advice from an industry insider or consultant.
- Office Space: a fun, informative photo feature highlighting the best offices in the industry.
- Digital Diary: top tech and mobile trends, social media advice and online influencers.
- Ask Us Anything: business experts answer reader questions about anything and everything.
Online readers can access downloadable infographics featuring demographics of end-buyers, based on geography, age and gender – useful information that will help distributors better understand, and pitch, clients.
Plus, the 24/7 online Counselor PromoGram continues to provide fast-breaking industry news, online exclusives and videos to business leaders and distributor sales reps, along with the latest mergers, acquisitions, product recalls, promotions and personnel shake ups.
Upcoming special Counselor issues include Best Places to Work in April, results of the inaugural Most Creative People in the Promotional Industry contest in May, Hot List in June, State of the Industry in July and the debut of the Product of the Year in December.
ASI publishes three magazines, with a total of over 250,000 readers, and four catalogs, with a total circulation of 1.3 million. ASI magazines have earned over 150 editorial awards, including the Jesse H. Neal Award, considered the “Pulitzer Prize” of the business press. MORE INFO