The Advertising Specialty Institute® (ASI) today announced that ASI Media won five more national Azbee Awards of Excellence and three regional awards in one of the nation’s largest and most competitive editorial contests.
This year, the American Society of Business Publication Editors hosting the Azbee Awards received more than 800 entries and 85 experienced B2B editors, designers and freelancers judged the 60 categories of entries. ASI competed against media published by Bloomberg Government, American Bar Association and the National Investor Relations Institute.
Among the honors, ASI’s Counselor® magazine was awarded a national Gold award for its comprehensive, data-driven State of the Industry report, which examined the historic transformation of the promotional products market in 2020 while offering insights and opportunities for suppliers and distributors who adapted and persisted in the face of the coronavirus.
“This tremendous accomplishment is a true testament to the professionalism and power of the entire ASI Media team working hard on behalf of our members on our magazine, website and social media platforms, to provide insightful, deeply sourced content,” said ASI President and Chief Executive Officer Timothy M. Andrews (@Tim_Andrews_ASI)
The awards recognized ASI’s editorial expertise across a variety of categories in both print and digital, including ASICentral’s Twitter account, which earned a Silver award for Social Media Account of the Year, the annual Power 50 issue recognizing the major players in the promotional products industry and the #PromoInTheWild social media campaign.
C.J. Mittica (@CJ_ASIMedia) is editor-in-chief of ASI Media. Michele Bell (@ASI_MBell) is vice president of ASI’s editorial, education and special events teams. ASI Media provides the most authoritative business and research content in the industry and has been honored with nearly 275 journalism awards. ASI magazines are the only industry publications to ever win a prestigious Jesse H. Neal National Business Journalism Award.
ASI’s 2021 Azbee national award winners are:
- Gold for Data Journalism for the Counselor State of the Industry issue, awarded to Counselor staff.
- Silver for Social Media Account of the Year, ASICentral’s Twitter account, awarded to
Vincent Driscoll, digital content director.
- Silver for Best Social Media Campaign, #PromoInTheWild, awarded to Melissa Newman (@Melissa_ASI), social media manager.
- Bronze for Feature Article Design, Political Divide, awarded to Hillary Glen, digital art director.
- Bronze for Group Profile, Power 50, awarded to Michele Bell, C.J. Mittica, Christopher Ruvo, digital news director; Theresa Hegel, executive editor of digital content; Sara Lavenduski, executive editor of digital content; John Corrigan, senior writer; Joan Chaykin, managing editor; and Hillary Glen.
ASI also earned three regional awards.